Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Delivery Time!!!

The moment of truth was here...I was scheduled to deliver our Princess on July 23, 2002 via Caesarean Section. So we went to the hospital a day before the date. We were asked to prepare 3 units of Platelet Concentrate as standby just in case I bleed during the procedure ( remember, I was on heparin for months ). Everything was fine...but I felt scared, really scared & excited to see our Princess! Tomorrow, I could see how she looked like...I could hear her voice, her cries...I could feel her soft delicate body...the waiting seemed so long. I couldn't sleep that night, probably due to excitement & fear (of surgery...this was going to be my first time to go under a knife!!!).

At 5:30 AM on July 23, I was moved to the OR, praying endlessly..asking Him to protect us! The day had come... to give new life to this world...God's greatest gift for us. That's why I chose Angelica to be her first name because for us she was an angel sent by God to give us joy...and Ysabelle ( an Italian version of Elizabeth ) meaning consecrated to God!

Princess Angelica Ysabelle, our precious one arrived at 6:59 AM. She was small with a full bunch of black hair. She weighed 5lbs & 8oz and measured 48cm long. I heard her loud shrieks...I felt so happy because I knew that she was alive & well....Welcome to the world, our little angel...our princess!




No comments:

Post a Comment