Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Contractions!

On my 24th week, I was awaken by a series of mild abdominal contractions....they were not strong & there was no vaginal bleeding. But we got so alarmed that I called up my doctor first thing in the morning. I had to see her immediately...she poked me down there to see the status of my cervix. Thank God because my cervix was still closed. An ultrasound was done & showed that our baby was doing fine & she was a girl! I was so happy about the results. Secretly, in my mind I was already thinking about what baby stuffs to buy for our princess!

I was not admitted but she gave me Bricanyl tablets to abort the contractions, replaced aspirin with Heparin injections & I had to be in complete bed rest...meaning I had to pee & poo on our bed (of course with a bed pan :D). This also meant I couldn't work, no clinic starting this day!!!my doctor's orders, so I had to follow them.

Did I follow her instructions? Yes, but not strictly :D ! I couldn't pee & poo using a bedpan so I thought that it was okay to use our bathroom since it was just a few steps away from our bed, anyway!

I felt like a queen because everything was being brought to our room, everything was being done for me! I couldn't join my family during mealtime...that was one of the saddest parts. I refused to be given a bath because I felt that I could do it, I just promised to do it fast!

My life then was so boring...I had nothing to do but lie on bed for the whole day. All I could do was read, watch TV or DVDs, sleeep and sleep...and sleep zzzzzzzzzzzz!

When I didn't feel any contractions, I told my husband that I wanted to go to my clinic to see my patients...not following doctor's orders!!!! Well, my OB found out about my noncompliance :( (an expose innocently made by some med reps grrrr ! ), so I was scolded during my next visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment