Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Mom's Journey

1. My lifesavers during those "throw up" days were ice chips, sour fruits, frozen orange juice & Lifesavers candies (I preferred fruit flavors over the minty ones). They all gave me great relief! I remembered one time when I forgot my lifesavers & I suddenly felt that I was going to throw up, my driver had to stop the car so that I could relieve myself! It was so annoying & yucky!

2. I began to have heartburn on my 12th week, though the discomfort was mildy annoying. I found relief in eating crackers & small low fat meals. I really couldn't tolerate milk so I had to take calcium supplements instead, plus folic acid. Iron pills would worsen my heartburn & usually precipitated my vomiting.

3. I spent most of my spare time reading pregnancy books & mags & sat for hours surfing the net. I loved visiting the www.babycenter.com & www.pregnancy.com . I learned a lot from these sites. I came across the Chinese Gender Chart used in predicting baby's sex. It had a success rate of over 90% but it was solely for entertainment purposes. I enjoyed it...the result said that I'd have a baby girl! I thought that would be nice...to have a princess! I also loved their discussions on the details of the baby's development.

4. Sleep, sleep, sleep...I experienced the sluggish stage of pregnancy. I slept for hours at night & in the afternoons. I always felt sleepy, that's why I rarely drive when I was pregnant.

5. Constipation occassionally bothered me, so I took prune juice, pineapples, oranges & veggies...they worked well with me!

1 comment:

  1. during the length of my pregnancy, i craved fruits in ice cream's cappucino and xtreme mentos hehe nothing else tasted as good.

    i have something for you here ninang http://mommychechemd.blogspot.com/2009/05/award-and-tag.html

    ReplyDelete