Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Close Encounter ???

Weeks passed, everything seemed alright, but on June 10,2002, I was again awakened by strong contractions, stronger than what I experienced before. I was so scared that I cried because I thought that I was about to have an untimely delivery...I was even blaming myself, if only I followed my OB strictly, probably this would not happen. My husband called up my doctor and I was told to have another ultrasound done as soon as possible. So I did...The baby was okay but she was still very young, barely 37 weeks. My OB found out that my cervix was already open, about 2cms dilated. So I was admitted immediately at Medical Center Manila for monitoring & she would try to abort the contractions/ labor & further cervical dilatation. But we were already advised about the possibility of a premature delivery of our baby Princess. I was sedated, given IV Bricanyl and hooked to a monitor. I was also given IV Hydrocortisone just in case I would deliver that day (this would help my baby's immature lungs to adapt to "her outside world")! We were so thankful to God, when I heard the nurse said that I could be transferred to room, so that meant it was not delivery time yet! I was discharged the following day with strict advice of complete bedrest until our Princess was mature enough to see the world....

No comments:

Post a Comment