Tuesday, April 28, 2009

"Sweet" Misery

Since that day my eating habits changed! Folks said that preggys should eat for two...I also thought that when in this state, one would have a really big appetite. In my case, it was different! I didn't have the morning sickness...but my misery would began in the afternoons. For three months I couldn't have my typical meals, I usually didn't eat my dinner because I would throw up...everything! The aroma of sauteed garlic & my husband's perfume which I both loved so much before could trigger my nausea. I felt really weird because I hated my favorite chocolates, I couldn't even eat a piece of Hershey's Kisses..if I did, I'd have a whole day of misery. I never craved for anything in particular because anything that I put in my mouth was either tasteless or tasted weird!

For months I was like this & got the hang of it...I missed my favorite dishes like the steamed crabs, my Mom's pork dinuguan, tinola..etc The books & my friends said that usually the nausea & vomiting were experienced in the first trimester only. So on my 5th month I tried feasting on crabs...what happened next? you guessed it right!...

Only on the 7th month, was I able to eat right...the nausea & vomiting rarely bothered me (thank God!). My weight was still within the maximum allowable weight gain for preggys, I actually did not gain much weight (because of 6months of abstinence hehehe...& I was already in the heavy side to start with :D ). So, I was afraid that my baby peanut wasn't fed well, she might not grow fast into a pretty princess!

3 comments:

  1. wow Ninang! hehe bago to ah :) will be back to read as soon as makatulog na si JT :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw, im making din a site for JT, tho wala pa kong entries :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh the things we mommies endure for our babies :)

    ReplyDelete